- 8th : 5K in conjunction with Huajatolla Heritage Festival ($20). Begins 9:00 am at the Capps Building, 115 W Francisco St. Register here
- 26th - 30th : Rocky Mountain Star Stare is an annual premiere star party sponsored by the Colorado Springs Astronomical Society. Located on 35 acres of land, RMSS's "Starry Meadows" is conveniently located just over two hours southwest of Colorado Springs (outside of Gardner, CO), between the Sangre de Cristo and Wet mountain ranges, at an altitude of 7,600 feet above sea level. RMSS annually plays host to 300+ amateur and professional astronomers, family and friends.
- 27th : Jeeps and Peeps at the Cuchara Mountain Park. Bring your jeep and favorite mascot and lets see what you got! 9 am - 4 pm. Cuchara Mountain Park, 946 Panadero Ave, La Veta, CO 81055
- 2nd : Free Stretch Class at the Cuchara Mountain Park. Cuchara Mountain Park : Join summer resident Lynette Jensen for this opportunity to stretch, relax and loosen up with neighbors. No experience needed. Bring a yoga mat blocks, and a bolster if you have them.
- 4th :
- Cuchara 4th of July Parade in Cuchara. Street dance, barbecue, kids games. Everyone is welcome to participate in the parade. The Parade starts at 11:00 am.
- This year’s Independence Day Parade will include a race with handmade push boats, organized by Two Peaks Fitness. All ships must have brakes and steering. To participate in the boat race, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jess Howard at (720) 401-8545.
- 20th : 5K Fun Run/10K in conjunction with Francisco Fort Day ($20). Begins 9:00 am at the Capps Building, 115 W Francisco St. Register here
Saturday 10th : 16th Annual Stonewall Century Ride. The Stonewall Century is a challenging road bike ride along one of Colorado's most beautiful scenic highways. We welcome you to come and enjoy some of the best road riding in Southern Colorado.
more info on https://spcycling.org/stonewall-century.php
- 7th : running : SPANISH PEAKS STRIDERS : MASTER OF THE MOUNTAINS 10K - Master of the Mountains Adventure Race/Relay challenges competitors across the country to come and prove they truly are the MASTER OF THE MOUNTAINS. Run through the rugged terrain of Sugarite Canyon State Park in Northeastern New Mexico, paddle a course on Lake Maloya at 7,500 feet, bike through the high plains along the Santa Fe Trail, and prove your prowess on a challenging shooting course at the Raton Trap Club. Make it a weekend to remember in Raton, New Mexico brought to you by the City of Raton Department of Parks and Recreation. More info.